[WriteLog] First time user.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] First time user.
From: gw3njw@onetel.net.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 00:42:43 -0000
Hi Tom

> On transmit I had frequent lock ups and was back to the stuttery morse.
> The morse only improved when I disconnected the broadband modem.

Stuttery CW is *not* an RF problem ( although lock ups could be), quite
simply a Windows resource problem. Any significant demand on the
processor will steal clock cycles.

Solutions?

1. Only run WL itself, no TSRs etc . That *will* work flawlessly.

2. ( recommended) Get the W5XD keyer which is independent of the computer
but synced to it. Expensive but guaranteed to work in all situations.

73

Clive
GW3NJW