[WriteLog] ARRL 10m Test Time question...

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ARRL 10m Test Time question...
From: kc0czi@midmoskywarn.net (Kevin Brown - KC0CZI)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 21:05:14 -0600
I am planning on working the ARRL 10M test coming up in a couple of
weeks... However the ambiguity in the rules has me posing a question
that perhaps one of you might be able to clarify.

The rules state:

2. Date and Contest Period: Second full weekend of December. Starts 0000
UTC Saturday; ends 2400 UTC Sunday (December 14 -- 15, 2002).

So...  Is it Saturday evening through Sunday evening (6p-6p local
Central time) or is it TRULY in UTC which would be 6pm Friday through
6pm Saturday?

The fact that they added the "UTC" in there, and then referenced a date
is confusing - especially to me who is used to dealing with military DTG
information such as 140000Z - 142400Z December 02 - which is seeminly
what the ARRL has stated.

I'm probably making it too complicated - but the times provided aren't
clear.

Just to keep it OT... I am planning to use Writelog :=)