[WriteLog] Ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Ports
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:10:01 -0600
Getting computers with two serial ports is getting tougher.
But there are many motherboards out there that have the two ports, it just
that they are not being sold to PC makers as they cost a few dollars more.
All the major motherboard makers have sites listing their boards and it's
features.

Here's the site I've been using to give me price comparisons to go buy.
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=amd+motherboard

And I've had very good luck with this motherboard combo.
But they have even faster cpu combos with this board.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?wItem&category=15919&item=2082744374

And as someone else pointed out, Tiger Direct offers their barebones kits.
That have very fast cpu/motherboard combos.
I've gotten one of those and it's a solid, problem free performer running
24/7 for over a year now.