[WriteLog] WriteLog ethernet

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog ethernet
From: shr@medinaec.com (W0UN--John Brosnahan)
Date: Sat Feb 1 09:26:34 2003
I received many replies off-line as well as some on-line.  All seemed
to indicate that there is no RFI issue with CAT5 ethernet.  But being a
belt and suspenders guy I liked Paul, K4JA's reply.  He is using
shielded CAT5E cable for his site.  It is more expensive of course
but I may use it just to be on the safe side--at least for any long runs
that get buried in the walls.

Thanks for all of the input and here is a URL to one of the various
shielded CAT5 cables in case anyone is interested.

http://www2.warehouse.com/product.asp?pf%5Fid=DBC2003&cat=pc&blind=

John  W0UN