[WriteLog] QSO Sequence over the network.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] QSO Sequence over the network.
From: writelog@g0tsm.com (Darren Collins G0TSM)
Date: Tue Apr 22 12:36:45 2003
Hi Gang,
I have been putting together a small station comprising of a two radios and
two computers networked. All is OK with the network, however, how do you
stop both stations using the same QSO sequence number?.

If say the Op on station 1 enters KP4xx the Sequence number appears to the
left of the KP4xx, but, if the Op on station 2 enters a callsign in the
call field before KP4xx is logged on station 1 then he gets the same
sequence number.

With my daughter logging Qs in the next room at the same time as me, the
log looks real messy:

Seq: 1, 2, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 8, 9, 10 ,10, 11, 13, etc...

It works ok for an SO2R setup where I will only log one QSO at a time, but
what do you M/M or M/S op's do?

I guess I am seriously doing something wrong.

73 Darren G0TSM

G0TSM Home page http://www.g0tsm.com
GB7EDX DX Cluster http://www.gb7edx.com