[WriteLog] CW Keying Interface

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW Keying Interface
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu May 29 11:22:15 2003
That's what I use.  Some recommend a 3-4K resistor instead of the 1K - won't
hurt, might help.  2N2222 is fine.   I key CW with DTR on the COM port, thru
resistor to base of 2n2222.  Ground the emitter.  Emitter and collector to
key rig.  I think you have it.  My first interface consisted of these 2
components hanging out the back of a DB-9 shell, but I cleaned it up later!
;-)