RE: [WriteLog] Networking

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Networking
From: "Bob McCormick W1QA" <writelog@W1QA.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:54:09 -0500
> I am not an expert, but I have a home network with 2 XP and 2
> Win98 machines. After struggling to get them talking, I
> called Microsoft and was told I needed to use NetBEUI as the
> protocol. That did the trick.

This may in fact be true ... but unfortunately I can't
try it myself as I've long ago abandoned Windows 9X platform.

There are a number of security and other enhancements in
the Windows XP implementations of NetBIOS over TCP/IP
that may cause some issues ... maybe issues that don't
exist when you load the older (unsupported) NetBEUI code
on your Windows XP based system!

Bob W1QA