[WriteLog] WL 10.45 new feature

To: "WriteLog" <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL 10.45 new feature
From: "N1LN_TXU" <n1ln@txucom.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 06:45:22 -0600
OK - 1 down and 1 to go.

1 down:

The new feature that allows "Tools Keyboard Shortcuts" to add a shortcut is
GREAT.

What I did was add a shortcut key - I picked the \ key - that simply sends
TU and logs the call

            Function Key F05:    tu%L

Now, when running and you have a pile up and want to enter the Q and not
send your call - simply move your finger
that was on the Enter Key one key higher on the keyboard to the \ key and -
send tu log the call and work the
next station.

EXCELLENT ! ! ! !   Great Job ! ! ! !

1 to go:

I still can't get %w to work - or, the way it does work is not the way I
expect it to.  (VERY POSSIBLE)

Before everyone tells me again to just work the dupes and move on.....and I
do most times.....I would like to
understand how it actually does work.

What I assume %W will do is:  Be able to detect if a dupe, send the
information between the %b commands, clear the CALL window and move on.

What it does do:  Detects the dupe, sends the info between the %b commands,
clears the CALL window and moves on.    However, if the call is not a dupe,
it does NOT send the information between the %b commands, still clears
the CALL window (even with the %w between the %b commands) sends the info
beyond the second %b and moves on.

What appears to be happening is regardless of the %b commands, the %w is
still detected for calls that are NOT
dupes.

Is this correct?   Does the %w clear dupe or no dupe when inside or outside
the %b commands ???

73,
Bruce - N1LN