Re: [WriteLog] 10.45m "observances"

To: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, w5xd@alum.mit.edu
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 10.45m "observances"
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:39:41 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for all the comments.  My comments follow.

--- Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> 1.  Why isn't "number required" the default for the WPX exchange?
>      (I changed the default).  I noted that when I used ENTER to log a QSO,
>      Writelog would not accept the QSO if there was no serial number entered.
>      HOWEVER, using the mouse to "Enter in log" did NOT perform the check,
>      it allowed me to log serial number-less QSOs.

No one has addressed this.

> 2.  The "Time on" in the Rate window is wrong.  It starts counting from when
>     Writelog is started.  This used to show "Time on" for the whole contest,
>     regardless of how many times you re-started Writelog.  So I have no idea
>     how many hours I operated this one.

Recalculate Score is supposed to fix this.  However, it would be nice if this
was done automatically when Writelog is started.

> 3.  Several times, I tried to save the config info.  I got a dialogue box
>     saying something like "Save config could not be completed.
>     "wpx2004rt - Writelog" program is not responding."  However it seemed
>     to save the info OK. Using WinXP Pro with all the patches.

No one has addressed this.

> 4.  %D didn't work correctly in the F3 buffer.  I had mine programmed as:
>
>        %R%D 599-%3 %3 %D%R%E
>
>      I expected it to print:
>
>        <DX> 599-### ### <DX>
>
>      But instead it usually sent:
>
>        <DX> 599-### ### AD1C

No one has addressed this.

> 5.  Auto (timed) CQ didn't work with MMTTY 1.65.  I could never get it to
> repeat.

Looks like my repeat interval was too short.

> 6.  In the lower-left hand corner, "kHz" should be abbreviated "KHz" and
> there should
>      be a space between "KHz" and the mode.  Mine read like:
>
>        14080 kHzFSK
>
>      It would have looked nicer if it said:
>
>        14080 KHz FSK

Despite what I learned in elementary school, "kHz" is apparently now correct.
However, I still would like a space before the mode.

> 7.  It annoys me that when you type in a call, in the logging box it says
>     "New Mult" but when you enter the serial number, the "New Mult"
>     indication goes away.

No one has addressed this.

> 8.  When I was CQing, INSERT would pick up the highlighted-call from the
>     screen, but when I was in S&P mode, it did not.  For example, I dump
>     in my call, I get a report back, I hit INSERT then it sends the F3
>     message above without his callsign.

People other than myself was various strangeness related to picking callsigns
off the screen.

- Jim

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC