[WriteLog] Email verification

To: "'Writelog'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Email verification
From: "Mike Fatchett" <mike@mallardcove.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 17:50:09 -0700
I would like to apologize for any that have been put out by the email
service I utilize.

Let me take a few minutes to explain the technology at work here and maybe
it will shed some light on the subject.

Like Dave I get a tremendous amount of spam a day.  Changing email addresses
is not an option.

Here is what happens when an email is sent to me or anyone using a service
like this.

Your email address is checked against my "white list" or approved senders.
If I could add all ham email addresses easily I would!.  If you are not on
the approved list your email DOES NOT get bounced!  It is simply placed into
a folder called pending.

You are then emailed a message asking you to verify yourself as a real
person.  It is a quick and easy process.  Once you have been certified as a
real person you should never be asked again by anyone using mailblocks.

You do not have to verify yourself.  If you do verify yourself, your email
messages in the pending folder will be moved into the inbox.  That is it.

I check my pending box frequently.  After x number of days anything in the
pending folder is deleted.

Anyone that I send email to automatically becomes approved.

I appreciate all the emails and posts on my questions.  Someday I hope I can
repay the debt.

If you have any specific questions or concerns regarding mailblocks please
email me directly.

73

W0MU