Re: [WriteLog] Message Play Level

To: PhilipTheis <phil@k3tuf.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Message Play Level
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:00:45 +0000
All you users of Turtle Beach Santa Cruz cards,

While trying to help Phil, I noticed something puzzling on my Santa Cruz card. When Writelog is controlling the card and I open the Writelog Sound Mixer Level control, I see that the Msg Play Level control is grayed out - just like Phil describes - and I can not control the Wave Playback level from Writelog. It is still controllable from the Volume applet. And when you reload Writelog, it reads the Wave level and reflects the setting in the Writelog Sound Mixer Level. In looking at the Playback controls available for the Sound Max, the Santa Cruz and the 16 PCI they all look the same - that is there is a control for Wave and a master control as well as the microphone control. The Microphone and Master levels are commandable from the Writelog Sound Mixer Level control. As soon as the Mixer pull-down selects Santa Cruz, the Msg Play control gets grayed out

I am using Writelog version 10.50D with Windows XP Pro (have not loaded SP2 on that machine yet)

Does any one else observe this? This is the only downside of the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card I have seen. It is certainly much quieter than the 16 PCI

Jerry, W6IHG