Re: [WriteLog] Possible Problem with 10.56C No Problem

To: JE Brown <W4LC@fuse.net>, Ted Huf W4ZE <ted@w4ze.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Possible Problem with 10.56C No Problem
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:19:20 -0800 (PST)
--- JE Brown <W4LC@fuse.net> wrote:

> So far four ops have reported having the "No Rig" problem, i.e. when quickly
> tuning up or down the band, the program loses the rig, and it stays lost.
> These were using FT-1000, TS850, and IC756's.

I did some extensive testing for the microHAM folks with firmware 2.5.  I set
up Writelog (10.56 A beta I believe) with Winkey active and had my IC-756
scanning a 100 KHz segment of a band up/down for 12 hours.  I did not lose
frequency control once.

I had a LOT of problems with 10.55 and firmware 2.4 and could not run the above
experiment for more than a couple of hours without losing radio control.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us