[WriteLog] Network reliability

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Network reliability
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@5b4agn.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 18:10:53 -0000
In recent years I've used WL MS and M2 but have been troubled by periodic
network failure and half hearted recovery.  Having never been able to nail down
the cause, I have assumed the culprit to be RF triggered by some combination of
transmission frequency and antenna direction.  UNTIL that is for CQWW Phone
this year some visiting ops used Win-Test, which suffered no such network (or
any other) failures during the whole event.

When I enquired about their choice of WT they said it was based upon its
overall reliability and in particular "rock solid" networking.

It appears my WL network failures are much more to do with WL than RF and may
be a set-up issue. Could someone who is running WL in a multi-op, networked
environment and finding it to be robust, please reveal the secrets of their
particular network set-up.

Many thanks.

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F