Re: [WriteLog] how I fixed my 160 log file issue

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] how I fixed my 160 log file issue
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:51:24 -0600
OK, Guys

After the comments about the upgrades I went in did the upgrade including
the one suggested. I didn't upgrade to the newest version of WL. WL opened
just as before but this time it DID set up the mults correctly. As I said I
was just fooling around in the contest, I need a few more countries for DXCC
on 160 and WAS for 160. I ended up with 2 logs for the contest, one for the
first night (screwed up mults) and one for last night correct mults. I am
perplexed about why it didn't work earlier. I had changed computers since
the 160 CQ test last year, so I can't say that that setup had worked on this
computer last year, but I have worked several contests since I set up this
system and they had all worked fine.

After I finished the contest I imported both logs into DXBase, no problem
and uploaded them to LOTW no problem. I am still suspicious that I messed up
the set up somehow, but alls well that ends well. I did go ahead and install
the new version of WL this morning, went fine and it also works fine.

After using CT for several years I always wait for a while before I install
a new version of a contest program. You never can tell when a bug might be
there that will only become apparent after the contest is running. I guess
that this time, the situation was reversed! Contest seemed pretty well
attended and I heard lots of DX, even with all my static.

Bill, W5VX