Re: [WriteLog] Setting up WL with FT-2000

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Setting up WL with FT-2000
From: N6WK <n6wk@n6wk.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 08:49:35 -0700
Hi Gary and the group.
  Here is what I have for WL.
I have my FT-2000 connected through a straight through Serial Cable on
COM 1. I have the radio Selected as FT-2000 and   the Computer port set
to auto in WL. In the port setup, I have selected Com 1 for CW have
polling checked and I have COMM PTT set to yes. I have it set for PC
generates in the CW Keyer Type box. It polls the radio and shows the
correct frequency, so the cable setting appears to be correct for that
part at least.
   In this configuration, when I push any of the "F" keys when in WL, it
keys the radio but it is a solid carrier.
If I go into the CW PTT box and change it to LPT pin 16/ Comm RTS, it
then will no longer key the radio at all.
I have Menu # 29 on the radio turned to RTS on, but it does the same
thing whether it is on or off.
I am beginning to wonder if I need some sort of interface between the
Radio and Computer for WL to work with the FT-2000
73,
Gordon
N6WK