Re: [WriteLog] WKUSB & Writelog

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WKUSB & Writelog
From: Kostas SV1DPI <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 11:25:44 +0200
My winkeyer2 works fine with writelog. I don't remember if i did something special during setup. But with this chance i will come back to that: It is at least silly that we need to edit the ini file for many things. Authors of writelog must think abt it and solve this problem _first of all. _The easiest solution would be to make a 3rd program with all initial settings and the user check boxes. This program will configure the ini file. Of course the best is this initial setup screen be part of the writelog and the changes can be made without restarting the program. A modern software can not ask from his users to edit an ini file. At least this is my opinion....
73 Kostas sv1dpi

???? 3/11/2012 5:05 ??, ?/? Noel Zeibari ??????:
Thank you, to all who responded to help. I was not aware that there was some
Winkeyer2 entries in the .ini file until Jim N7US pointed it out to me.
So I copied most of what I need from the HELP FILES! to my .ini files.

Now I'm able to send canned messages ok except for minor problems, the spacing
is
ok at speeds over 28 wpm, if I drop the speed to 25-26 wpm there is a big gap
in spacing.
So far no matter what I did, can't narrow the space, also, I can not control
the speed when sending with
the paddles, either from the speed pot or the key board.

At my age I'm ok with 22 wpm speed with the paddles. Guess I'll have to use the
key board for filling.

Best regard, Noel (OM) N3NZ