[WriteLog] Rttyrite Issue with V11.10G - No Transmit

To: Writelog <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Rttyrite Issue with V11.10G - No Transmit
From: "Al Burnham (K6RIM)" <k6rim@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 13:19:18 -0700
The newest Writelog version has obviously caused some issues with RTTY in Writelog.

I was fortunate to have some kind assistance from RTTY Guru W0YK, and he helped me along, but I still have a strange issue that even has W0YK stumped.

I use sound card AFSK with a Win 7 computer and MMTTY.

Until the V11.10G burst upon the scene, all was well, and I could operate RTTY with MMTTY standalone or with Writelog and the MMTTY plug-in.

Now, with the V11.10G, with Writelog I use MMTTY via XMMT.ocx, per the instructions from AA5AU. I have deleted the MMTTY plug-in from my computer.

My problem:

Receive RTTY fine in Rttyrite, but when I attempt to transmit, the radio goes into transmit, transmitted data appears on the Rttyrite screen, but Rttyrite produces no audible sound or RF output from the radio.

When using MMTTY standalone, receive works fine and transmit works fine with audible sound and output from the radio.

My analysis is that there is now a sound card issue that affects Rttyrite, but I cannot figure out why my long-existing sound card configuration works properly in MMTTY standalone, but not in Writelog Rttyrite.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Solution?

With thanks and 73,

Al, K6RIM