Re: [WriteLog] Rttyrite Issue with V11.10G - No Transmit

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Rttyrite Issue with V11.10G - No Transmit
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 23:41:24 -0400

Unfortunately, you have too many "new" issues at the same time for
me to make a reasonable guess.  I don't know anything about the
Donner interface, "USB Audio CODEC" can be any kind of USB based
sound card, and I have yet to see a CAT manual on the TS-990.

From experience with the other Kenwood rigs, if you are connecting
audio to the ACC jack of the Kenwood rigs, you need to apply hardware
PTT to the "PKS" pin or use the TX1; software PTT command instead of
the "SS" pin or TX0; command.

My guess is that you have stand alone MMTTY configured correctly for
hardware PTT on PKS (or you have configured it to use TX1;) and have
not configured a hardware PTT port with XMMT.ocx and Writelog is
using TX0; not TX1;.

Since I don't have documentation on any of your hardware, about all
I can suggest is looking to see if you can control PTT from XMMT.ocs.
Unfortunately, if PTT is on the same port as CAT control you may
have problems - particularly if that PTT is connected to SS or the
mic jack.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV