Re: [WriteLog] Rttyrite Issue with V11.10G - No Transmit

To: Writelog <writelog@contesting.com>, "Al Burnham \(K6RIM\)" <k6rim@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Rttyrite Issue with V11.10G - No Transmit
From: Jim Harris <jim.w0em@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 08:17:43 -0700 (PDT)
Al,
At the chance of being redundant and me being behind the power curve of what
you have done here already let me offer a couple of thoughts.
MMTTY as a stand alone program is not the same MMTTY that is used with
Writelog.  With MMTTY as a stand alone program working satisfactory you have
only assured your hardware is capable of functioning as designed.  Nothing
more, nothing less.
The MMTTY used by Writelog is referred to as a MMTTY engine as is separate from
the stand alone MMTTY.  The MMTTY engine must be setup separately and in
addition to comport and other setup items in Writelog.  Without setting up the
MMTTY engine separately Writelog may still control PTT and your radio will have
no RTTY output.
If I'm way behind where you are in troubleshooting please forgive me.  It
seemed from watching the email you might not have separately setup the MMTTY
engine. Been there done that more than once.
Good luck,

Take pride in the USA. 73

Jim, W0EM