[WriteLog] Rttyrite Issue with V11.10G - No Transmit

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Rttyrite Issue with V11.10G - No Transmit
From: "Al Burnham (K6RIM)" <k6rim@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 21:40:00 -0700
Joe:

Appreciate your responses, although I confess that much of what you said is above my pay grade - hi.

In my setup, PTT is NOT on the same port as CAT control:

Radio control of the TS-990 is via USB, not RS-232.

PTT is via RS-232.

So they are separate.

I have no idea how to control PTT from XMMT.ocs.

The source of XMMT.ocs, I believe, is the new version of Writelog. If I'm wrong, someone correct me.

Unless I missed something, in RttyRite, per se, there is no control for PTT, although the XMMT setup in Rttyrite will take you to MMTTY where you can configure which comport controls PTT.

But I remain confounded by the fact that MMTTY standalone works fine with the TS-990, but Rttyrite (in Writelog) will key the radio but furnish no audio or generate RF out of the radio.

73,

Al, K6RIM