Re: [WriteLog] LPT on 64 bit OS?

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] LPT on 64 bit OS?
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 13:02:50 -0400
I struggled for weeks trying to get a parallel port to work with my newer
Dell desktop computer.
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/WriteLog/2012-11/msg00103.html
I tried two different cards and I was never successful getting them to
work with Writelog. I could not even find a parallel port setting in the
BIOS.  I gave up trying to get this configuration to work and I returned
one of the parallel cards. I sold my DXDoubler and purchased a MicroHAM
Micro 2R which uses a USB port. The setup was very easy and the Micro 2R
will work with any computer that I own including my laptop.

John KK9A / P40A