Re: [WriteLog] WL and SmartSDR integration - Bandmap / WL not sending ri

To: joeduerbusch <k0bx@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL and SmartSDR integration - Bandmap / WL not sending right mode to SmartSDR/6500
From: Keith Goobie <keith@goobie.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2015 09:20:24 -0400
Joe / All

I got the CC Cluster package to work and it is quite configurable.

What I have found - if the spot from the Clustre has "RTTY" written in the
description (or comment) section, then Bandmap integration within WL will
send the 6500/SmartSDR into the RTTY mode.  Otherwise it will just put the
radio into CW mode. There may be other keywords, but I do not know (or
gussed) what they are.

Maybe a new feature could be that when it sees PSK in the comment line, it
puts the radio into DIGU or DIGL mode.

I thought that the behaviour of the WL program and the mode it puts the
radio into could be influenced by editing the sub bands, but that assumption
appears to be incorrect on my part.

If the authors of the program can comment on intended mode of operation,
that would help to understand customize operation in the short term until
new features are added.

Again thanks to all for the integration completed so far.

Keith
VA3YC

On 10/2/15 9:33 PM, "joeduerbusch" <k0bx@arrl.net> wrote:

> Keith, glad to hear you are on the right track now.
I tried to get DXtelnet to
> work, but it was so old it would not work on my
new PC.

The is a very good
> telnet software called VE7CC.  It runs as a stand alone
program.  You can set
> all kind of filter.
then in the WL telnet window you can connect to the VE7CC
> program by using
a local port.  This all explained on the
> Website

http://ve7cc.net/

The WL telnet connect string is 127.0.0.1 port
> 7300  which is also explain
on the webpage.  You can see the spots in WL and
> also the VE7CC program.

Read the information on the webpage.

Joe K0BX

> Honor Roll Mixed
Honor Roll RTTY
5BDXCC Plus 30,17,12
5BWAS

Stop the
> insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or
> Junk)
without my permission.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 11:31 PM, Keith Goobie

keith@goobie.org
Keith Goobie
Richmond Hill, ON, CANADA