Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 160, Issue 8

To: WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 160, Issue 8
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 20:24:48 -1000
I'm with Wayne on this issue.

If a contest changes the rules, then blame the contest manager who changed
the rule.. Don't blame Wayne or WL for not having ESP.

Part of being a contest manager (been there, done that) is reaching out and
maintaining a good relationship with the software vendors that support your
event.  Failure to do that results in this sort of problem.

If YOU know of a rule change for your favorite contest, then YOU need to
verify, and say something BEFORE you use it in that changed contest. If you
automatically assume things will always be rose petals in your path, you're
likely to be tripped up a lot by hidden roots.

73, Alan  AD6E