Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog and Elecraft KDVR3

To: WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog and Elecraft KDVR3
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 08:22:39 -1000
Yes, the N6EE method works well. However it doesn't extend to the REC
button.

I assume that's as easy as adding another MACRO if you can figure out what
number the REC button is. Might also be able to map that REC macro to
SHIFT-Fx so that you have four new macros that immediately start the Fx
recording. I've not tried to do that but if it works then it would make the
Elecraft DVR operation just like the sound card functions in WL. That would
be handy. Just have to remember to hit the appropriate F key to stop the
recording instead of ESC.

If anyone gets this to work please let me (us) know. I don't have the time
right now to play with this idea.

I've not been able to get the soundcard DVR internal to WL to work since
the upgrade to Win10 and WL12. Fortunately the four DVR messages in the K3
are all that I need. Not having to deal with Windoze issues is soooo nice!

Guess it's yet another reason to stick with CW contests.

73, Alan  AD6E / KH6TU