RFI

Re: [RFI] 1996 Lincoln Town Car

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 1996 Lincoln Town Car
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 08:28:50 -0600
On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 08:11:56 -0600, W0UN -- John Brosnahan wrote:

>Just wonder if there are any known issues about RFI problems on
>AM radio with the Lincoln.

One of my friends is chief engineer of a 50 kW clear channel AM.
Their transmitter is in the far SW burbs of Chicago. He told me
several years ago that he got lots of phone calls from owners of
Fords who couldn't hear his station on the north or northwest side
of town.

My Volvo S80 (that I just gave to our son in law) was fine on the AM
band, and was reasonably good on HF. I had some intermittent
problems with noise on AM that the dealer fixed under warranty. It
was related to the heater in the rear window (which also held the
antenna). My new Toyota Sequoia also does fine on the AM band. I
haven't had time to put an HF rig in it yet.

Jim K9YC