RFI

Re: [RFI] Mobile EMI

To: "A. Sewell" <alan.n5na@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Mobile EMI
From: David Jordan <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 12:10:13 -0500
Install a Corcorm brute force AC line filter as close to the motor as
possible.  Place the motor on the load side, ground the metal case to
the chassic, feed the 12vdc wires to the input side of the filter.

USE EXTREME CAUTION when working in this area of the vehicle.  I suggest
you disconnect the wire  harness from the motor, peel back the harnish a
few feet from the gas tank and perform the filter installation away from
the tank.

73,
dave
wa3gin

p.s. look for a second fuel pump.  Some vehicles have two.