RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI from Astron power supply

To: "'RFI Reflector'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from Astron power supply
From: "Brian Goldsmith" <brian.goldsmith@echo1.com.au>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 11:51:46 +1000

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim P

I have to say that I have observed RFI coming from my Astron RS-35M
'linear' supply. It is in the form of a pulse or 'buzz' at the line rate. It
kind of low-level and is noticable on the AM broadcast band; I don't
usually hear it on the ham bands even when using it to power the
HR rig doing the receiving.

The supply is not oscillating, but there would appear to be something
else taking place generating this 'RFI' linked to the line (AC input) side
of things.

****Most probably diode switching noise.A .01 ceramic across each of the
main rectifier diodes wiil cut this type of noise out!

Brian Goldsmith.