RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI from Astron power supply

To: "Brian Goldsmith" <brian.goldsmith@echo1.com.au>,"'RFI Reflector'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from Astron power supply
From: "Jim P" <jvpoll@dallas.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 01:27:49 -0500
Brian,

I compute the effective 'resistance' (X_sub_c) value
to be only around 16 Ohms* for a .01 uF cap for the
band where I notice the noise.

This might be wholly insufficient to quiet this beast
down (we are probably talking low impedances I am
hazarding to guess in the dode 'mechanism' that is
producing this noise phenomonon given the currents
and voltages involved) and the only 'band' I have
noticed it on is the AM broadcast band (as heard
on other receivers in the vicinity when the RS-35M
power supply is on and load current is being drawn).

Jim P  // WB5WPA //

  * X_sub_c = 1 / (2 * pi * F * C )

    where F = 1 MHz and C = .01 uF