RFI

[RFI] Weather related RFI

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Weather related RFI
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 06:58:43 -0700
Last winter I had almost steady RFI most every day, most hours of the day.  It
seemed to begin when new neighbors moved in next door.  As the weather warmed
in the spring, the RFI disappeared.  Then the neighbors moved and I had hope
they took the noise source with them.  They are gone but the weather cooled
yesterday and the noise is back.  The house is vacant.   So, now I have to get
serious.  The only sources I've had in the past are power line noise and
defective lights.  I've tried turning off every circuit in the house last
winter and I'm convinced it isn't within our home.  It's steady, raspy but not
sputtering. I was assuming that it is a portable heater of some kind but what
common sources are there related to cold weather?  What might I be looking for?

Thank you!