RFI

Re: [RFI] Weather related RFI

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Weather related RFI
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:09:23 -0400
If it's noisy during roughly the same time as your furnace is
running then there's a good chance it's his furnace running.

Probably running less as they'd have the temp down while it's
unoccupied & one cannot know how much more or less well
insulated that house is vs yours.

Plus there's no source of humidity, so the air doesn't hold the
heat as long, the furniture & etc aren't there to store energy,
& people are there to add heat from cooking & showers.

OTOH, if no people then doors aren't being opened to release
heat.

QTH is Portland OR.  So we seldom get hard freezes but plenty of rain
and occasional snow and freezing rain by January.  Yesterday it had
cooled enough in the morning that we turned on the heat.  Since the
noise was present, I turned off our furnace and switched the
thermostat as well.  Didn't affect the noise.  The funny thing is
that the noise can be constant for hours--including very late at
night and very early morning, seven days a week.  I can find no
pattern other than the change in the weather.

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com

David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA

Search with: duckduckgo.com