RFI

Re: [RFI] Weather related RFI

To: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Weather related RFI
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:39:02 -0500
If it were me, I'd first get on 10 meters with my beam, rotate 360 degrees to
see if I can hear it on 10, if I do then I'd get a heading and note how strong
it is.  Then I'd get my air band portable radio and start walking to try to
find the pole because that's what it sounds like.  If you can't hear it on 10
meters it might be something else.  I've found quite a few power line noise
sources around my QTH using that same procedure.  After I zero in on a pole I
call the power company, when they come out I go out with them and walk the
power line.

Dale, k9vuj