RFI

Re: [RFI] can a tower re-radiate RFI?

To: WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] can a tower re-radiate RFI?
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 18:44:46 -0500
Hi Jamie,

I know for sure that my 68 foot base loaded vertical re-radiates signals
(such as local generated noise).  When using my portable direction finding
gear to track down local noise on 160 meters, my direction finding
equipment often points me toward my 68 foot base loaded vertical versus the
true source of the noise if I am within approximately 50 or 75 feet of my
68 foot base loaded vertical.  Most of the sources of noise that I track
down are typically within 0.5 miles of my house, and often 500 feet or less
away.  I have never had a new noise pop up that was from within my house
unless I just installed a new device.

73,
Don (wd8dsb)