RFI

Re: [RFI] can a tower re-radiate RFI?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] can a tower re-radiate RFI?
From: Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 21:16:36 -0500
On 1/23/2016 1:42 PM, WW3S wrote:
its very broadbanded, from AM broadcast band to about 5 mhz, then fades
out....its about 20 over 9, I can null part of it out with the noise blanker,
but its obviously keeping from me hearing all but the loudest DX on
160/80.....driving around the neighborhood, I dont hear it on my AM truck
radio, nor my portable SW.....walking around my yard, I dont hear it, unless I
get close to the tower....electric company plant is buried here, I have a pad
mount 50kv transformer at the corner of my lot, but no noise when standing
beside it with my portable SW,

How about disconnecting all wiring from the tower, and then listening with the portable?

Cortland KA5S