RFI

Re: [RFI] can a tower re-radiate RFI?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] can a tower re-radiate RFI?
From: "WW3S" <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 16:19:34 -0500
so get home in time to take advantage of our 40 degrees and sunshine to kill
the power to the house and try to track this down......explain to the wife I’ll
be killing the main breaker, go to the shack to take some readings, turn on the
Yaesu......WAIT ?!?!??! the noise is gone....turn on the Icom, noise is gone
!!!!!! make sure I’m on the right antennas/bands, yep. the noise is gone !!!!
Grab the handheld, go out to the tower, no noise !!!! Good news, but why
?!?!?!? It was there this morning while trying to work K5P on 160 (who was
ungodly loud !!!!) but now, this afternoon, the noise is gone......so hopefully
its gone for good, but I’m skeptical yet.....weather dependant? It is warmer
and damper, rather than cold and dry like last time.....is buried electrical
plant subject to the same things that could go wrong in aerial plant? There’s
no guy wires, but I assume there are insulators, splices, etc.....