RFI

Re: [RFI] can a tower re-radiate RFI?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] can a tower re-radiate RFI?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 02:23:09 -0500
When I had the local repeater in my garage about 25 years ago, it was desensing when it would transmit. The 6 cans were set up with a spectrum analyzer I don't remember the signal generator, but there was no detectable desense. Nothing was changed.

I had IIRC a 10" screwdriver. Don't know why, but I rubbed it against one of the steel guys. Man, what a racket. It would over ride the signal from a mobile in the driveway. There was one insulator abt 3' from the tower and one 3 to 6 feet from the guy anchor IIRC. On the old 90' tower the top guys would have been about 108 to 109 feet long. Roughly 100' between the insulators.

73

Roger (K8RI)