RFI

Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 14:54:12 -0700
On Fri,8/12/2016 11:01 AM, Jim Brown wrote:
I'm still working on finding a suitable charger -- they say theirs is noisy, I've told them they need to fix that, they say they will work on that, probably 6 months to find one, test it, and get in their catalog.

Forgot to say that as a temporary solution, I'm using a spare PSU for my Lenovo laptop, 5A @ 20V, through a Genasun MPPT LiFePO4 charge regulator. It can put about 7.7A into the battery, and it's pretty clean RF-wise. The Genasun is rated 10A.

Bionne says that the Powerwerx PG40S "Super PWRgate jumpered for AGM batteries is an acceptable charge regulator when used with a regulated PSU that can be set to around 15VDC. I used it for a while with a very used Astron (it had been repaired at least once). It worked fine until the Astron gave up the ghost. So I'm searching for a good alternative.

73, Jim