RFI

Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Video

To: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Video
From: Dale Johnson <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 15:14:43 -0500
I should think it would be a good practice for this company to fix their
installation procedures so they don’t have to fly an engineer out to fix
things.  Seems like a poor way to run a business.

Dale, K9VUJ

On 14, Jul 2018, at 14:34, Tony <dxdx@optonline.net> wrote:

On 7/14/2018 2:43 AM, Randy Standke wrote:
> Most of the SolarEdge house rewire jobs I have had around me solved the
> problem on the first attempt.  One took about four visits before it was
> finally solved.  On that final visit an engineer from SolarEdge came out.
> He discovered that they missed a couple of the optimizers.  Even one
> unfiltered optimizer will cause RFI 100s of feet away.  So, keep after them
> since they probably missed at least one optimizer.

Randy:

I've been in touch with Solar Edge field tech Tom Simpson who will be flying in
from the west coast to inspect the work. He thinks the installers missed
something which, as you mentioned, isn't the first time this happened. He tells
me he's handled many cases and said the noise will be gone once he finds the
issue.

Will keep you posted.

Tony -K2MO