RFI

Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Video

To: "RFI Mail list at contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Video
From: "Dave Cole (NK7Z)" <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 18:35:04 -0700
Hi again Dale,

Respectfully you are correct in almost everything you say-- yes; the burden is on us. Why? Because our Government allowed the burden to fall on us. Call your congress person, complain about the FCC, not the vendor, the vendor is spending money and flying engineers across the country to help us get things under control, the FCC is complaining it does not have enough money, and trying to assist us as it can.

I know without doubt that we are just not important enough to garner first class service. I wish we were, but that reality. RFI is going to be dealt with on a case by case basis, fair or not, that is how the world is working today.

As long as the FCC fails to enforce, the problems will continue. The ARRL handed the FCC a ready to prosecute case with Home Depot, and as far as I know nothing happened... That is the root problem here...

I am thankful the vendors are assisting us, if they wanted too, they could take a legal view of this, and make this a lot harder... Look at how long W6WBJ kept the FCC going... I don't want a vendor taking that path.

One makes the best of what one has... I have no intention of stopping the push with regards to RFI, but I am careful how and who I push. The goal for me, is to win the war, not a single fight.

I understand the process, I have had less than a month of operation in the last year due to constant RFI at 10 to 20 db over S9, across 40 through 10 meters, due to a single IDed source. I am hopping mad about it. I have a complaint in to the FCC via the ARRL. It is taking time, I don't expect it will be solved overnight, but I do expect it to be solved...

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
https://www.nk7z.net