RFI

[RFI] Metal Pole vs Wood Pole

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Metal Pole vs Wood Pole
From: Charles Plunk <af4o@twc.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 18:52:36 -0600
My latest power line rfi I have tracked to 2 poles within 10' of each other. One or both is scheduled to be replaced. White arrow on the street, white strip on the pole, was orange tape, and sewer line nearby marked with green yard tag. Confirmed with utility that it is indeed scheduled to be replaced but they would not give me a timetable so far. LOTS of hardware on these 2 poles. So waiting before I track further if needed. They are old wood poles probably from the 60s.

Does it make any difference as to risk of future rfi whether the pole is metal or wood (does hardware loosen more often on wood poles)? Just curious as the new poles they install most or all seem to be metal.

How long do you think I should be patient before I check back with them? 30 days since first email will be 12/18.

Thanks

Chuck
AF4O