RFI

Re: [RFI] Tesla's Response to Solar Panel RFI

To: Eddie Edwards <eddieedwards@centurylink.net>, "'<Rfi@contesting.com>'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Tesla's Response to Solar Panel RFI
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 22:35:06 +0000
Actually, yes, they are changing their designs.  These field retrofits are
expensive.  The Lab's W1VLF was on the list to get his own home system upgraded
and they replaced the inverter, the optimizers, added ferrites and did twisted
pairs  to the panels, not a big loop.

It reminds me of the BPL days, when some manufacturers did change the design of
their systems not to use the  ham  bands. That got  into various industry
specifications and the ITU-R adopted  recommendations for BPL to avoid Amateur,
broadcast and other  spectrum.

Ed