RFI

Re: [RFI] Tesla's Response to Solar Panel RFI

To: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com>, "EDWARDS, EDDIE J via RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Tesla's Response to Solar Panel RFI
From: MICHAEL ST ANGELO <mstangelo@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 12:32:52 -0500 (EST)
Ham's have to improvise; try portable operation.

I started out as a Ham at my parent's surburban lot and had room for HF
antennas. I got a job in NY City, got married and eventually purchased a home
on a city lot on a hill which was food for VHF/UHF but not for HF. My wife and
I like to hike and go to the beach so I stated doing lots of portable operation.

We eventually moved to a house in the suburbs in 1998 with and acre lot. Even
though i have room for HF antennas the noise level keeps on raising. We
continue our outdoor activities and I have portable radio radio go packs to
take along with us.

I am now retired. My wife notices Ham radio can provide mental stimulation but
not physical because it is a sedentary hobby. Operating outdoors provides some
exercise and makes to hobby more attractive to her which is an added benefit.

I don't operate backpack portable so the size or weight of the radio is not a
major consideration. A good radio for portable operating is the ICOM IC-7300 in
the Emergency mode which increases the range of the internal tuner. I use
Bienno batteries.

Turning Lemon into Lemonade.

Mike N2MS