RFI

[RFI] Power Line Noise Specific to 15 meters

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Power Line Noise Specific to 15 meters
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 16:01:21 -0400
This is a bit of a puzzle, to me anyway.  With my tribander pointed in one direction (west), I have extremely bad what sounds like line noise.  This noise is not audible on 20 meters, on 10 meters, or on lower bands using my Carolina Windom.  I won't be able to get out and try to DF it for 10 days or so, but I always thought line noise got progressively worse as you went down in frequency toward its fundamental.  What am I missing, or what should I be looking for?

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.