RFI

Re: [RFI] Power Line Noise Specific to 15 meters

To: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Power Line Noise Specific to 15 meters
From: Mike Martin <mike@rfiservices.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 20:04:01 -0400
Couple of things that will change a noise from what's considered normal. The
source of the noise or where the noise is radiating from to get to your antenna
could be in a position that allows it to arrive at your antenna at a null in
the wavelength for that particular frequency that it isn't received and arrive
at the peak of the wavelength on another frequency. This is very common and I
see this almost daily. The other situation is the noise that you think is line
noise, which is always broadband in nature, may not be a line noise and maybe
something that does not radiate or transmit at other frequencies.

⁣Be safe,
Mike Martin
RFI Services
51 W Bay Front Rd