RFI

Re: [RFI] Another Solar Panel RFI System

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Another Solar Panel RFI System
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 10:40:21 -0800
On 12/18/2022 2:56 AM, Rob Atkinson wrote:
Wait 'til you get one put in next to you

Yep. I'm on 8.5 acres in the Santa Cruz Mountains, with three solar systems at 60 degrees, 120 degrees, and 300 degrees azimuth. They have rendered my full wave 160M Beverages next to useless. The 60 degree and 300 degree antennas are pointed at those systems. I can hear SA, Caribbean, and southern US on the 120 antenna because that solar system is quiet at night. The only way I know that they are still functional is by switching between them on the high end of the AM broadcast band.

73, Jim K9YC