RFI

Re: [RFI] Another Solar Panel RFI System

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Another Solar Panel RFI System
From: N5KM - Kris <n5kilomike@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 16:08:55 -0600
I think it will be up to the radio manufacturers to solve the interference
problems we are facing. By that I mean developing algorithms that target
specific RFI types. As processing technology advances these algorithms will
be able to execute in realtime such that processing delays won’t be
noticeable.

For instance, we’ll see filter algorithms that can automatically take out
interference from solar arrays, variable speed motors, SMPS’s, etc. and be
able to track drifting noise sources. And, of course, the advancement of
digital modes will improve SNR.

Kris N5KM