RFI

Re: [RFI] What would you do, and what do you think of the situation?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] What would you do, and what do you think of the situation?
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 11:35:43 -0600
Reminds me of when I moved into a tiny town of only like 200 people. Way out in the middle of No-where. Only 1 Channel was able to be seen, Ch 3, and it required the largest mono-channel optimized gain antenna available, and with the strongest pre-amp available. and yet the signal in most cases still was weak. Not a perfect picture, it had not snow so to speak, but a grainyness to it. And this was if you were lucky.

I lived in a two story apartment on the second floor. It was a BIG building.
With like 12 foot high ceilings! The rooms tho only went up to say 8 feet, and there ws a suspended type ceiling to make the rooms file like rooms and not a cubical place like in an office.

So the whole area above that suspended ceiling was open.

It was sooo large I was able to make a loop that was almost as big as a full sized loop would be for 80 meters!

Si it was strung above that suspended ceiling, and I fed it with like 6 feet of 300 ohm TV twinlead. into a Johnson KW matchbox. Rig was an OLD Drake TR-4.

The apartment was on the southeast corner of the town, and from my window in the radio room I could see probably 75% of the houses.

At night you would see all the windows aglow with that bluish light of TV's

Then if I got on the air, I 100% destroyed every TV seen! It would flash with my modulation and be totally un-watchable.
ALL OF THEM!

Because of the antenna being inside. No one ever knew it was me! he he he

Joe WB9SBD