Topband: 160 Meter Propagation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 Meter Propagation
From: VY2MGY@IDIRECT.COM (VY2MGY)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 10:46:26 -0000
Perhaps this explains my situation with the JA's.

In the last 2 1/2 years that I have been on 160 I can
count on one hand the number of times I have been
able to copy a JA while  stations located only a few hundred miles
South and/or South West of me are working them on a regular
 basis. Off hand I would guess that the difference in bearings
is not much more than a few degrees but apparently it's enough.

P.S. The JA opening this morning was best here @ 1200z [ 48 min
before sunrise ] but faded into the noise at 1225z [ 33 min before
sunrise.