Topband: !60 Problems only?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: !60 Problems only?
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed Jan 29 05:50:08 2003
> Most HF'ers are more than satisfied with their late model rigs.

That's true but only because they don't ever listen to their own rigs,
operate CW, have invested money and can't throw the radio away, and some
have even accepted trashy radios as "that's how they must work".

The 160m
> rig performance problems begin to surface when we get into big pile-ups or
> contest situations where monster signals overpower the receivers.

By far the largest amount of the "I have a radio problem" e-mail I get is
from bands other than 160.

Splatter, clicks, and all the other problems are a problem that affects ALL
bands. Of the sound files I have on my click page, more than half are from
bands other than 160.

This is just a 160 forum, so you only see 160 discussions here (as it should
be). On the other bands, very low noise floors become more common and
signals are still strong so more people actually complain!!

73 Tom