RE: Topband: DX window

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: DX window
From: "John Kaufmann" <jkaufmann@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:49:20 -0500
Bill Tippett wrote:

>  Josep, as in life in general, some people believe winning "at all
>  costs" is the only thing.  Fortunately I believe these are very few.
>  When we submit a log or DXCC application, we usually sign a statement
>  that we have obeyed all the rules and operated our stations within the
>  governmental regulations for our country.  Stations cheating by using
>  Packet or running illegal power are usually quite obvious and well known
>  to others.  They are fooling nobody but themselves IMHO.

Bill is 100% correct.  I can assure you cheaters eventually get
"discovered", certainly by their fellow hams if not by the contest
committees, no matter how clever they think they are.  The top-notch
contesters that I know simply do not do things like run illegal power or
stretch the rules.  For them, reputation and integrity are far more
important than winning or losing contests.

73, John W1FV