Topband: DX window

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: DX window
From: Craig Clark <jcclark@prexar.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:36:01 -0500
First of all, the key is if DX CQ's in the "window"
they have to QSX OUT of the window.

Secondly, the FCC will never mandate a "DX window."

Good DX on 160 to all in 2004!

At 11:32 PM 12/28/2003, you wrote:
Topbanders,

A window is absolutely vital to me. Under usual conditions, with the auroral oval cutting off most EU and JA DX, I need a place to go and see if anything is coming thru. In the Stew, US stations for the most part stayed out of the old window, 1830-35, and it was pretty useful for me. I did ask one US station to move, as he was calling CQ on top of a G. I quickly explained this and he answered OK SRI.

All the debate over who is DX is just a bunch of blah blah blah to me. Why can't we just go back to the Gentlemen's Agreement and leave that chunk of band for non-NA stations to CQ in?

73,

Ron - WA9IRV

73, Craig Clark, K1QX

RADIOWARE AND RADIO BOOKSTORE